KERNEL - SECURITY SOLUTIONS
What is Security?
Network security is an important part of information security as applied to computers and networks. The objective of network security includes protection of information and property from theft, corruption, or natural disaster, while allowing the information and property to remain accessible and productive to its intended users.
To restrain unauthorized activities, untrustworthy individuals, or unplanned events to affect the functionality of a system is becoming increasingly demanding as computer networks evolve in complexity.
- Confidentiality - is the term used to prevent the disclosure of information to unauthorized individuals or systems.
- Integrity - information cannot be modified undetectably and without prior authorization.
- Availability - for any information system to serve its purpose, the information must be available when it is needed.
- Authenticity - it is necessary to ensure that the data, transactions, communications or documents (electronic or physical) are genuine
Security is a vast and continuous evolving field due to the continuous battle between cybercriminals that try to compromise and exploit the information and the security community that seeks to defend and safeguard it.
The profits, information and reputation are each day under threat by new and more advanced types of security attacks, facilitated by the continuous need of access and data exchange via internet.
The present economic downturn is also a source of instability due to the fact that potential disgruntled employees can act against the company interests for personal gain by selling or facilitating to the competition access to trade secrets and classified information.
Traditional security solution cannot longer provide adequate protection in the face of the new challenges.
Even if 100% security cannot be achieved without physical separation of the infrastructure, our solutions are mitigating the attacks and providing you the chance to focus on your core business without having to manage directly the security issues:
- The deployment of multi-layer security solutions can ensure that complex attacks are stopped at different points inside the infrastructure.
- Advanced intrusion prevention ensures that attacks against the applications can be stopped before they impact them.
- Application control and SSL inspection provides the organization with the capability to block less desirable applications for business and stop any potential remote control attacks against the infrastructure.
- Centralized log management can provide warning and data for the mitigation of the attacks.
- Antimalware, Anti-spam ensures that phishing attacks are stopped before the users are affected and have a chance to fall into the trap.
- Web filter boosts the productivity by eliminating the websites that are against the company policy or are bandwidth intensive.
- Web and database security ensures that potential application bugs or misconfigurations cannot be used as exploits for cyber-attacks.
- Remote secure access with strong encryption and authentication mechanisms is vital for the mobile sales force and for the integrity of the information exchanged.
- IP Telephony is protected against eavesdropping.
- End point protection ensures that no malicious activities are performed, no malware gets installed, computers are authenticated in the network (NAC) and the data that is used, is in compliance with the company policy and any deviation is logged.
- IP Video surveillance can ensure the physical security of you assets and limit the probability of loss by theft.